Thursday, March 29, 2012

Adventures in Bureaucracy!

This month, I became the newest Member at Large for the Wisconsin dressage and combined training association. The reason I was tapped is that for the last 10 years or so, the "combined training" has been less than an afterthought.

What we have is a problem of the chicken and the egg: We need things that eventers want to get members, but we need members to justify doing things eventers want. You can't convince eventers (or anyone) to join an organization that doesn't cater to their needs, but you can't convince an organization to spend a bunch of money on people that aren't their members.

So my goal is to go big or go home. I have two years to make a positive difference in the eventing community of Wisconsin as I try to bring back the "CT" to WDCTA. I'll keep the blogoshpere posted on any major developments, and PLEASE, send me any suggestions or feedback you might have!!

Visit the website: http://www.wdcta.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment